Monday, January 12, 2009

Shed project 1

I've finally decided to use up the lumber remaining from building the house for building a little shed. I need somewhere out of the rain to store my tools, and I need another roof in the garden for gathering rain in a new butt. A small shed should serve both purposes.

This is the first semi-permanent structure that I've ever built, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. Dry, solid, functional, and picturesque are some words that spring to mind in terms of hopes.

Here are the foundations going in.

It looks dark because it was. I decided around 5 pm that I would build a shed, and the sun was going down. I hastened to the bamboo grove to cut a culm as a frame for some stones and broken roof tiles which will form the foundations. The winter wind was sighing and soughing through the bamboo, and I rather hoped to see a wraith, but none appeared. The darkness forced me to halt operations even though I was all hot to finish the thing in one go.

More another time I guess.

No comments: